ASHTON HAWKS (HK) LIMITED (“we”, the “Company” or “us”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy, fully implementing and complying with data protection principles and all relevant provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (the “Ordinance”).
Our services are not directed to children under 13. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us at [email protected] We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account. We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Registration Information: when you create or amend any Ashton Hawks account, you provide some personal information, such as your name, email address, username and password.
- Additional information:
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- Details of transactions you carry out through any of our services;
- Details of your visits and interactions and the way in which you use our services, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access; and
- (on a non-obligatory basis) other information which from time to time may be relevant to the effective provision of our services.
- Device information: We may collect information about the device or any computer you may use to access the services, including, where available, the device’s or computer’s unique device identifiers, operating system, browser type and mobile network information as well as the device’s telephone number, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. We may associate Device information with Registration Information and will treat the combined information as personal data in accordance with this policy for as long as it is combined.
- Log information: when you use the services or view content on Ashton Hawks, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs, including but not limited to internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, operating system, the referring web page, pages visited, location, your mobile carrier, device and application IDs, search terms, internet service provider (ISP), clickstream data, language, viewed and exit pages and date or time stamps and cookie information.
- Links: We may keep track of how you interact with links across our services, including of email notifications, third party services and client applications, by redirecting clicks or through other means. We do this to help improve our services, to provide more relevant advertising, and to be able to share aggregate click statistics such as how many times a particular link was clicked.
- COOKIES: Our services use cookie technology to distinguish you from other users of our services. This helps us to provide you with a good experience when you use our services and also allows us to improve Ashton Hawks and our services as they evolve over time. A cookie is a small data file that is transferred to your computer’s hard disk. The Company may use both session cookies and persistent cookies to better understand how you interact with our services, to monitor aggregate usage by our users and web traffic routing on our services, and to customize and improve our services. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. You can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. However, some services may not function properly if you disable cookies.
- STORING YOUR PERSONAL DATA: All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions carried out by us or our chosen third-party provider of payment processing services will be encrypted using Secured Sockets Layer technology or equivalent online encryption technology. You are responsible for keeping your chosen password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Company; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We may collect and store personal data on your device or computer using application data caches and browser web storage (including but not limited to HTML 5 and the like) and other related technology.
Certain services may from time to time include chat room or forum features. Ensure when using these features that you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be seen, collected or used by other users.
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION: We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If the Company or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
- In order to protect the rights, property or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- YOUR RIGHTS: You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your opt-out right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the opt‑out right at any other time by contacting us at Unit 1501C, 15/F, World-Wide House, 19 Des Voeux Road Central, Hong Kong or by email: [email protected] Our services may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates (including, but not limited to, websites on which the services are advertised). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
- ACCESS TO INFORMATION: The Ordinance gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of HK$150 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.